Het Noordbrabants Museum (hereinafter referred to as the 'museum' and 'we') is as transparent as possible in how it deals with personal data, and we aim to achieve this by means of this privacy statement. The statement sets out who the personal data belongs to, what it is and why we collect and store it. You can also read about the legal basis for collecting personal data, who we can share it with and how we protect it. Finally, we set out what your rights are in respect of that data.
Who does Het Noordbrabants Museum collect personal data from?
We process the personal data of the visitors to our websites, ticket shop, social media channels and museum complex, from job applicants, donors from the Friends of Het Noordbrabants Museum, parties who we work with and people who support Het Noordbrabants Museum financially.
What personal data does Het Noordbrabants Museum collect from you?
- Name and contact details (including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses);
- Gender (man, woman or non-binary, so that we can address you correctly in our correspondence);
- Payment information (e.g. your bank account number);
- Technical data, such as the IP address of your computer, tablet or smartphone, the web browser being used, the webpages visited, clicking and surfing behaviour, other websites visited and the duration of the visit to our website;
- Product and service details, such as the products and services purchased from our museum, reservations that are made and events attended;
- Details about your donations to Het Noordbrabants Museum and/or the Friends of Het Noordbrabants Museum, gifts and how they were given (e.g. the type of 'friend' as well as the duration and size of the contribution);
- Video images in and around Het Noordbrabants Museum;
- Social media details (e.g. in connection with a question via our social media channels);
- Data in respect of the use of our guest Wi-Fi.
Why does Het Noordbrabants Museum collect personal data?
We collect the personal data that we receive directly from you, such as an e-mail address when you indicate that you would like to receive information from us, the details you provide when you purchase products in the ticket shop or when you attend an event or activity in the museum. However, we also collect data when you book a guided tour, support the museum as a Friend, apply to work for us as well as get in touch to compliment us or make a complaint.
In addition, we collect personal data when you make use of our websites and/or social media channels. We then collect data such as your IP address and the browser that you are using. This data is only used in order to analyse how our website is working. Your data, in the form of video images of you, is also processed if a recording is made of you by security cameras during your visit to the museum complex.
Why does Het Noordbrabants Museum collect personal data?
We collect personal data:
- in order to operate our websites and social media channels;
- for marketing purposes and to maintain client relationships;
- to recruit employees and volunteers;
- to ensure safety as well as guard the artefacts and materials in the museum complex;
- to supply services and products to clients;
- for contact research related to corona measures.
In some circumstances, it is necessary for Het Noordbrabants Museum to process your personal data in order to enter into, or to fulfil, a contract, such as when you buy tickets in our ticket shop. If you do not supply such details, we may not be able to complete certain transactions or be able to fulfil a contract.
The legal basis for collecting personal data
We collect personal data with your permission in order to fulfil our contractual and statutory obligations as well as pursue our legitimate interests.
Examples of a legitimate interest include being able to maintain contact with those parties that support the museum financially, protecting and guarding our museum complex and offering a website that works well.
Sharing personal data
Het Noordbrabants Museum shares your personal data with processors and any of the sub-processors they use because, for example, the museum has engaged a third party for a service such as the ticket shop or the hosting provider.
In certain circumstances we may share data with parties outside of the European Union. We may also share personal data with parties outside of the European Union which do not offer an adequate level of protection for processing it. If we do, we ensure that it is in accordance with the law and that it is covered by, for example, European model contracts for processing personal data.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal data to government agencies or by order of the government if required to do so by law.
Storage period of personal data
Het Noordbrabants Museum only processes personal data as necessary. It will also only be stored for as long as it is necessary for the purposes it was collected. The period of storage depends on the personal data and the purpose it was collected for.
Protection of personal data
Het Noordbrabants Museum does its utmost to protect your personal data from loss and improper use. In order to protect your data, we have, as a matter of course, applied appropriate technical and organisational measures, but all the employees of the museum who come into contact with personal data as part of their work are also regularly trained to be made aware of the rules concerning privacy and security.
Your rights in respect of your personal data
The GDPR confers rights to those whose personal data is collected and processed. You have the right to:
- access your personal data;
- correct or improve your data if it is incorrect or incomplete;
- have your personal data removed (please note: we may have to retain your data in some circumstances in order to fulfil our statutory obligations);
- object to or request the limitation of the processing of your personal data (please note: we may have to retain your data in some circumstances in order to fulfil our statutory obligations);
- object to profiling;
- withdraw your permission (please note: we may have to retain your data in some circumstances in order to fulfil our statutory obligations).
If you have a complaint about the way Het Noordbrabants Museum processes your personal data, we want to hear from you so that we can discuss the issue with you. You can also exercise your rights or send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Moreover, you can make direct contact with the Dutch Data Protection Authority [Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens].
Het Noordbrabants Museum reserves the right to amend this privacy statement. The most recent version can always be found on the website of Het Noordbrabants Museum. We would, therefore, advise you to check our websites regularly for new versions and to read them carefully. This privacy statement was last amended on 26 May 2020.
Het Noordbrabants Museum
5200 BA 's-Hertogenbosch